2.15.2007

Announcement: Change of Blog Mission

I'm changing the concentration and mission of my blog site. Essentially I'm making it into more of a blog and less of a website where I post long essays. This will still "be a place of well thought out and smart discussions on mainly theological and political issues pertaining to American foreign policy and on religion in general." But instead of posting long essays every two weeks or so filled in with other articles I find interesting I'm going to be publishing more posts that are blogs and less posts that are "articles." I'm still doing my Mesopotamia Burning series (see part II and III) and I will still be publishing long articles as well. My blogs and my articles will both "be well thought out with good supporting evidence, and with footnotes." So I won't just be blogging and spouting off my opinion without (at least) some evidence to back it up.

Part of this change has to do with the fact that school is getting in the way of concentrating on quality essays and I'm now working at UPS as a loader and unloader for trucks (with the Teamseters Union) from 11:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. Monday through Friday. So this change also reflects my busy schedule. Right now I'm in the planning phases of Mesopotamia Burning Part III, I'm going through a bunch of articles, journals, and Frontline documentaries. It should be done in a few weeks or so. Thanks to all of those who are reading my blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look forward to the new format, Jack!
Frankly, I felt bad at not being able to read those wonderful essays, but too long for someone who is not into academics.

Keep going!